Master Builders Career Connection
Scholarships and Grants
Master Builders Career Connection (MBCC) continues to provide scholarships to students who are studying Construction Management at the University of Washington, Washington State University, Central Washington University, and local community colleges.
Every year, Master Builders Career Connection distributes scholarship application packages. Students in the appropriate fields of study are encouraged to apply. The deadline for completed applications is the first Friday in March. Career Connection's Board of Directors makes the final scholarship distribution decision. Scholarships typically range from $500 to $5,000 for the student's tuition and fees for the year.
MBCC is accepting scholarship applications for the 2014-2015 school year. To be considered, scholarship applicants must be enrolling in a certificate or degree program related to construction or its supporting services. The application deadline is April 18, 2014.
For further information, please call (425) 278-0228 or email email@example.com.
Building Industry Association of Washington Scholarship Program Application
Grant Review Guidelines
The mission of the Master Builders Career Connection is to promote the awareness of the value of a career in residential construction and attract the future workforce by providing resources, which support opportunities in the home building industry.
The Grant Committee will consider grant applications from programs that support the mission of the Master Builders Career Connection.
The Grants Committee shall use the following guidelines in developing grant recommendations to the Master Builders Career Connection Board:
- The program shall be an established program or new program related to residential construction. If a new program, MBCC must be provided with a detailed description of the project and how it relates to residential construction.
- For new programs, the grant being considered shall be 15% or less of the total program funding.
- Grant requests being considered for existing programs with proven track records may be greater than 15% of the total funding at the discretion of the MBCC Board.
- The grant funds shall not be used for scholarships if the program receives other scholarship funds from Master Builders Career Connection.
- Reports detailing specific uses of grant funds must be provided annually to MBCC or no future grants will be authorized until such a time as an adequate annual report has been submitted.
- If grant funds are used in whole or in part for scholarships, names of recipients and other pertinent information shall be provided to the Master Builders Career Connection within 90 days of scholarship award.
- Grant recommendations will be provided to the Board for approval at the March and September Board meetings.
Prospective grant applicants should call (425) 451-7920 or write the Master Builders Career Connection at firstname.lastname@example.org for a grant information sheet.