The Seattle Home Show, co-sponsored by the Master Builders Association of King and Snohomish Counties, provides consumers the opportunity to discover the latest in decor, landscaping and design. America's largest and oldest home show offers attendees the Northwest's widest selection of home products and services. The week-long Seattle Home Show takes place in February of each year at at CenturyLink Field Event Center.
Each fall, homeowners throughout the greater Seattle area open the doors of their professionally-remodeled homes for the Master Builders Association Remodeled Homes Tour. The Remodeled Homes Tour showcases some of the area's finest remodels from members of the Remodelers Council of the Master Builders Association. The 2010 tour featured 20 quality projects including whole house remodels, an attic transformation, green building methods and much more. The homes on the tour reflected a huge variety of interior design and architectural trends. This tour featured a variety of charities where donations were being accepted at each home and were given to the charity of the homeowner or remodeler's choice. Also, remodelers were present at every house to answer questions, so at our Remodeled Homes Tour in Fall 2012, be sure to come by and talk to members and find out how you can make your home into the house of your dreams.
Welcome to the information hub regarding the 2015 Remodeled Homes Tour!
Ask any remodeler – including me -- who has participated in these tours, and they’ll tell you what an effective business-building tool it is. As a matter of fact, my company, Sockeye Homes, has been averaging over $650,000 per year in new business generated specifically from the Remodeled Homes Tour for the past 7 years. Frequently jobs continue to come in years after a tour, and some people attend the tour several years in a row before choosing their remodeler. The Remodeled Homes Tour has a 19 year tradition of showcasing innovative and exciting remodels throughout King and Snohomish counties. Potential clients are able to meet you and see your work in person. The 2014 combined marketing budget (entry fees and sponsorship) was nearly $30,000! When you consider that the entry fee is only $895 for the first home and $500 for each additional entry, there are few marketing opportunities as effective and affordable.
As a Remodeled Homes Tour participant you will receive support and valuable tips on how to maximize your exposure on the tour along with a tour checklist to help you throughout tour preparations and the tour itself.
The Guidelines and Instructions packet available below contains everything you need to sign up and prepare for the tour. Join your fellow remodelers in what promises to be one of our most successful tours yet!
For more information, please contact Shannon Krueger at the Master Builders at (425) 460-8234 or email her at email@example.com.
I look forward to seeing you at an upcoming Remodeled Homes Tour meeting!
President, Sockeye Construction Corp.
Important Documents and Links
_____2015 RHT Guidelines and Instructions____
_____2015 Homeowner Agreement_______
_____ Preparing for RHT__________
Entry form link: https://mbaks.formstack.com/forms/rhtentries
Pay for your entries by registering for the tour:_______
Who can participate?
Any active Remodeler or Design Professional member in good standing with the Master Builders Association is eligible to participate. All contractor participants must be registered, bonded and insured in the State of Washington. The participant must also be a member of either the Remodelers Council and/or the Design Professionals Council and participate in two mandatory upcoming Remodeled Homes Tour planning meeting as designated in this agreement. Involvement in other Remodelers Council and Design Professionals Council programs is strongly encouraged.
The Seattle Home Show 2 offers displays highlighting baths and kitchens, bedrooms and lighting, as well as home decorating and design. As always, free home improvement seminars will be presented by popular personalities and MBA members. Co-sponsored by the Master Builders Association, the Seattle Home Show 2 is the best place to view new appliances, see new products and get free advice on building and remodeling. Stop by the Master Builders Association booth at the west entrance to pick up a brochure on building or remodeling a home, or visit the nearby Remodelers Council booth if you're interested in talking to a remodeler about what's possible for your home. Also stop by for the latest free edition of HomeMatters magazine featuring articles on building, buying, maintaining and remodeling your home. The three-day show takes place each year in October at the CenturyLink Field Event Center.
The Master Builders Association is pleased to offer a variety of free classes to assist with your home projects. Our Speakers Bureau features association members with expertise in building, remodeling, sustainability, improvements, maintenance, buying, selling, financing and senior transition solutions. We invite you to attend one of our upcoming classes in King or Snohomish counties. Check out our free classes (listed by subject below) or click here for a printable listing of upcoming classes. Be sure to invite a friend!
Building & Remodeling
- 15 Questions to ask before hiring a Contractor
- The Changing Family Household - Plans for Flexibility
- Creating Outdoor Living Spaces
- Custom Cabinetry Solutions for Aging in Place and Physical Disabilities
- Feng Shui for Builders, Architects and Interior Designers
- From Boardroom to Bedroom: New Concepts and Techniques for Electric Lighting Design
- Future Proofing Your Home
- Love the Neighborhood but not the House? Remodel! (Panel Program)
- Maximizing Space, Style and Function with Custom Cabinetry for your Home
- Remodeling and Design Improvements for Your Home (Panel Program)
- Buy it, Sell it, Fix it GREEN to Protect Your Investment
- Controlling Home Energy Costs
- Energy-Smart Choices for Your Home (Panel Program)
- Heating and Cooling with Geothermal (Ground Source) Heat
- Save Money & the World: Ways to Finance Energy
- Solar Energy for Homes in the Pacific Northwest
- Solar Works for Puget Sound Homes & Businesses
- Sustainable Design Choices that Save $$
- Clutter Clearing and Feng Shui for a Stress-free Home (Panel Program)
- Color Your Home
- Design A Kitchen for the Way You Live
- Eliminate Chaos: The 10-Step Process to Organize your Home and Life
- Feng Shui Tips for a Harmonious Home and Life
- Hiring The Right Contractor
- Kitchen & Garden Feng Shui for Healthy Living
- Ten Things to Know When Designing a Bathroom
Buying & Selling
- Feng Shui for Buying, Selling and Staging a Home
- Home Maintenance to Protect Your Investment
- Real Estate 101 Plus an Overview of the Challenges that Affect Buyers and Sellers in Today’s Market
- What it Takes to Sell a Home in Today's Market (Panel Program)
- You, Real Estate and Today’s Market
- 20 Questions you need Answers to Before Buying your First Home
- First Time Homebuyers: Loan Options & Tax Credits
- Mortgage Secrets Loan Officers Won’t Tell You About
- Must Know Tips when Purchasing or Refinancing Your Home
- The Reverse Mortgage: Is it Right for You?
- Top 25 Questions about First-Time Homebuyer Mortgages
Senior Transition Solutions
- Home Modifications that Promote Healthier Lives
- Right Sizing: Less Stuff = Less Stress
- Senior Housing and In-Home Care Options
- Senior Transitions: Know Your Options (Panel Program)
- Your Life, Your Legacy
- Clutter Clearing and Feng Shui for a Stress-free Home
- Eliminate the Guesswork of Paint Color Selection
- Energy-Smart Choices for Your Home
- Love the Neighborhood but not the House? Remodel!
- Remodeling and Design Improvements for Your Home
- Senior Transitions: Know Your Options
- What it Takes to Sell a Home in Today's Market