Right-Sizing: Less Stuff = Less Stress
More and more, people of all ages are beginning to realize the benefits of right-sizing and living a simple and peaceful life. For some, the right-sizing process starts at a younger age as people prepare for the urban condo experience. Others may wait until they become empty nesters to right-size decades of treasures and transition into a smaller home, condo, active adult community or assisted living home.
Laura experienced a crash-course in right-sizing at 16 years old when her mom passed away. Laura learned firsthand how difficult it is to part with the treasures you've cherished over the years, while she helped her grandparents downsize her mom's home in order to prepare it for an estate sale. For over a decade, Laura’s company, Eliminate Chaos, has eliminated the stress from thousands of clients by walking them through a process for right-sizing and helping them find good homes for their cherished treasures. At some point, everyone, no matter their age, will need to right-size their belongings or help their family members with this process.
Seven Program Takeaways:
- Laura’s proven ten-step process for right-sizing in an organized fashion, based on her bestselling book, "Eliminate Chaos: The 10-Step Process to Organize Your Home & Life"
- Simple strategies to keep you from becoming overwhelmed
- Why there is more to right-sizing than just getting rid of stuff
- Ideas on what to do with all of your stuff
- Where to find help and resources
- How to right-size your treasures – what to keep and what to release
- How to plan for your new space and ensure it all fits
Length of program:
1 hour, plus Q&A
Laura Leist, Organizing Consultant, Eliminate Chaos
Master Builders Association member Laura Leist has walked her own talk about getting more done to allow “More Time for Life®” since launching Eliminate Chaos in 2000. Laura is a published author of eight books, including the best-selling "Eliminate Chaos: The 10-Step Process to Organize Your Home & Life." She is Washington state’s go-to organizing, downsizing and relocation expert the media turns to for TV, radio, newspaper and magazine interviews.