Graduate Master Builder (GMB)
The ultimate symbol of the building professional, the Graduate Master Builder (GMB) designation is for experienced home building professionals only. Before beginning the GMB designation process, you must be a designated Certified Graduate Builder, Certified Graduate Remodeler or Certified Graduate Associate with five years of building experience; or 10 years of building experience and have completed three CGB/CGR/CGA courses. GMB courses are more advanced with in-depth instruction geared for experienced building professionals.
Curriculum and other requirements
To be eligible for the GMB designation, candidates must have previously attained the CGA, CGB or CGR designation and have five years of building industry experience, or candidates must have completed three CGA, CGB or CGR courses and have 10 years building industry experience.
Required courses (five of six)*
*Candidates may substitute two CGB approved courses for any one GMB approved course provided those courses were not used to obtain their original CGA, CGB or CGR designation.
- Land Acquisition and Development Finance (LD 510)
- Risk Management and Insurance for Building Professionals (BM 550)
- Negotiating Skills (BM 511)
- Diversification: New Profits for Builders (BM 531)
- Financial Management (BM 520)
- Profitable Business Through Quality Practices (BM 560)